Saturday, December 19, 2009

Take another shot

This holiday season, there are a lot of things weighing on my mind. It's like life is pounding on my door, and I'm not quite ready to let it in yet, but if I don't let it in now, it won't be back for a long, long time (or at least what seems like a long time compared to my twenty-two short years here on Earth). Thus, this very first post of my very new blog has a lot of potential to be dreary and generally gloomy - but I'd rather not. I'm never one to dwell on depressing things for long.
For the Lord will not cast off forever, but though he cause grief, he will have compassion according to the abundance of his steadfast love; for he does not willingly afflict or grieve the children of men. Lamentations 3:31-33

So even those this past year has been sucky for many of you (and praise God for the great years some have had and the good things that have happened among the bad), here is my challenge: think of a few things that you made you happy today. Just today. They don't have to be big, important things, like "the roof over my head" or "the opportunity to go to college." They can be as simple as "Brown sugar on my oatmeal this morning" or "My cat falling asleep in my lap." You can write them down here, tweet them, put them in your own blog, or just jot them down in your journal. I would even recommend writing down at least one every day. It's surprising how the little things can just warm your heart.

(And I'll confess right now, I totally stole the "Happy Things Game" from Soph :P )

Things that made me happy today:

- Hot apple crisp at the Shakespeare Tavern
- Volunteering at the Tavern with Michelle after a REALLY long time of not volunteering with her
- Getting a hug from Debbie! (Shakespeare Tavern stage manager - noticing a trend here...)
- Making plans to go see the Princess and the Frog tomorrow, omg! >w<
- My silly coworkers at tahcha teahouse
- And this was yesterday, but watching Tenth Kingdom with some of my girls! ♥
- Oh, and this too. :)

So here goes, taking one day at a time so they don't overwhelm me (I mean, it sucks getting flanked), and making Christmas as Merry as can be!

0 comments:

Post a Comment